Welcome to the first ever Willoughby Book Club Reading Challenge!
We love a challenge here, so we've put our heads together to make this challenge as fun and open-ended as possible. Whether you're aiming to read several hundred books this year, or just dip a toe back in to reading after a hiatus, join us! We'll be sharing our reading based on these prompts throughout the year, so please share yours with us using the hashtag #wbcchallenge2023.
We can't wait to see where this will take us!
We're looking forward to reading out of our comfort zones, trying something different and hopefully finding some new firm favourites along the way. We can't wait to hear what you read.
Here at Willoughby HQ we're are all really excited to give this reading challenge a go, and would love you to join us. We'll be updating you with our progress via blogs and social media throughout the year, so please send us your comments and pictures for sharing.
Remember: be as creative with the prompts as you want to be. We can't wait to hear what you're reading!
Combine them, pick out your favourites, ignore the ones you don't fancy.
Books, e-books and audio books, it's all reading!
The most important thing is to have fun with it!
Here's to a great 2023 full of new bookish discoveries, new reading directions and (hopefully!) some new lifelong favourites.
The WBC Reading Challenge 2023 prompts:
- A classic
- A genre you wouldn’t usually choose
- A non-fiction title
- A book written by an author with your initials
- A novella
- A tome
- A book with a fruit in the title
- A book from a country you’d like to visit
- A book recommended by a friend
- A book you’ve already read, years ago
- A book based on folklore
- A book published in the year that you were born
- A book from a non-human point of view
- A book about friendship
- A book by an author from a country you’ve never been to
- A hardback book
- A floppy book
- A book set in a different world
- A scary book
- A children’s book
- A book with a terrible cover
- A beautiful book
- A book set somewhere hot
- A book of poetry or a play
- A book written in an accent