If you have a question regarding any aspect of The Willoughby Book Club, please read through our FAQs. If we haven’t answered your question here please don’t hesitate to get in touch via our Live Chat service or email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
When will the first book be sent?
- Books are sent on the 1st of the month or the nearest working day. If we receive your order on or before the 26th of the month your book will be posted out at the beginning of the following month. Orders received after 26th will be sent 1st of the next month. For example, if we receive you order on 29th November your first book will be sent on 1st January.
How do I choose my books?
- We offer a fully curated service so all of your books will be chosen by one of our expert book selections managers based on the information given to us when you purchase your subscription.
How do I know what books you will send?
- The Willoughby Book Club aims to surprise and delight with every book we send. We carefully choose titles based on the preferences given when you purchase your subscription. We understand that not everyone enjoys the surprise element, so we also offer a spoiler service. If you opt into this service you will receive an email letting you know what we have selected, giving you the option to ask us to choose again should you already own the book we have chosen.
What if I receive a book I already own?
- We will always do our best to introduce you to books and authors that you may not have tried or heard of, but we understand that you may receive a book that you already own or have previously read. Should this happen please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll happily send you a replacement.
My book hasn’t arrived, what do I do?
- Firstly, we’re really sorry! All our books are sent out on the 1st of the month or the next working day. UK customers should receive their books within 2-4 working days, and International subscribers should receive theirs within 5-7 working days. If you haven’t received your book by 10th of the month, please get in touch and we’ll arrange for a replacement to be sent.
- If we receive your order on or before 26th of the month your book will be posted out at the beginning of the following month. Orders received after 26th will be sent 1st of the next month. For example, if we receive you order on 29th November your first book will be sent on 1st January.
How do I redeem a gift?
- Please go to www.thewilloughbybookclub.co/redeem and follow the step by step instructions. If you are struggling to redeem your gift please get in touch via our Live Chat service or email us on email@example.com and we’ll be delighted to help.
Will my book fit through my letterbox?
- The majority of our paperback books will fit through a standard letterbox. Some of our hardback titles and children’s picture books will be too big so you may need to collect these from your local sorting office. If you would like to leave us any delivery details or change your delivery address to a work address, please let us know.
I’ve moved, how do I update my address?
- This isn’t a problem, speak to one of the team on our live chat feature or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and give us your updated address. We work a month ahead to make sure all of our books are ready to be dispatched on the 1st of the month so changes to your address will need to be given at least one month in advance. We can accommodate changes made closer to the dispatch date but please be aware these will incur an additional postage fee.
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes! We love sending our books all over the world, from Australia to Zimbabwe. Postage fees are shown on the individual subscription pages.
Can I update my subscription details and reading preferences?
- Yes, you can email us or use our live chat feature to update your reading tastes. We work a month in advance so changes to your subscription (including address changes) will need to be provided by the 1st of the month prior to dispatch.
I don’t know what my gift recipient likes to read, help!
- Don’t worry! If you are unsure what the recipient likes to read, you can purchase either an email gift voucher or a gift tin. The lucky recipient can activate this themselves and tell us all about their reading tastes! Alternatively, you can contact a member of the WBC team who can talk through other options.
I want something to give my gift recipient on their birthday/christening/retirement etc, can I get the first book early?
- We can’t provide this service due to the volume of subscriptions we fulfil, however we do offer a printable gift certificate that is perfect to tuck inside a card! Alternatively, you can purchase one of our gift tins or email gift vouchers for the recipient to redeem themselves.